From 1800 to today
Villa Cortine is born in the late 1800s, when Baron Von Koseritz purchases the big five-hectare park and commissions the construction with a neoclassical facade. The villa takes its name from the hill where it lies, on the tip of the Sirmione peninsula, where there was a Roman military garrison. Already at that time the beauty of the lake and the thermal waters attracted visitors. In 1953, the villa becomes a luxury hotel and is enlarged to carry out what nowadays is the main hotel building.